Work at GALS or BOYS
GALS Denver seeks to hire ESSA highly-qualified teachers skilled at integrating movement and hands-on learning into a standards-based academic environment focused on the overall health, wellness, and success of girls. GALS and BOYS teachers will be responsible for:
- Delivering detailed unit plans and daily lessons
- Delivering engaging, inquiry-based instruction infused with movement and fieldwork
- Assessing students’ learning via a variety of tools and presentations of learning
- Serve as academic, character, and wellness advisers
GALS & BOYS seek candidates who demonstrate:
Belief in the GALS mission of providing a college preparatory education in a supportive environment that fosters the academic mastery and personal development necessary for every young woman or man to become a powerful advocate for herself/himself and leader of her/his community. Experience utilizing culturally congruent strategies in gender-specific and movement-based environments is a plus.
Belief that long-term, in-depth studies that focus on specific case studies or essential questions help students construct deep understandings and skills and prepare them to create authentic products that meet a need for real audiences. Ability to differentiate, utilize data to drive instruction, and employ strong instructional skills. Experience developing hands-on or movement based lessons and/or teaching in a standards-based school a plus.
Ability to thrive in the ambiguity and intensity of a school that is continuing to grow and develop.
Ability to work collaboratively in a professional learning community by jointly planning and delivering instruction; participating fully in professional development; and engaging in an on-going exchange of ideas.
Drive for Excellence
Hard-working, self-starter who takes initiative and is committed to learning and self-improvement.
- ESSA compliant.
- Previous teaching experience required.
- Strong classroom management and organizational skills.
- Urban school experience and experience with diverse communities preferred.
- Certification required.
As opposed to relegating movement to physical education class or after-school sports, GALS/BOYS teachers incorporate movement into day-to-day instruction and classroom activity as a way of engaging students both mentally and physically.
We offer a full curriculum focused on the psycho-social dynamics of growing up female or male in today’s world. The full staff participates in and supports this curriculum.
Through advisories, community meetings, shared core values, and opportunities for students and teachers to connect both in and outside the classroom, GALS/BOYS emphasize the development of a close learning community.
Professional development is a priority at GALS/BOYS. Staff members meet weekly as a school staff and weekly as a content team to continue the work. Grade level teams meet monthly to support curriculum integration and student achievement.
- 7th Grade Science Teacher (BOYS)
- On-Call Substitute Teachers
- GALS Denver has a unique model of movement based learning and positive gender focus entwined with strong academics. We like to utilize substitute teachers that are familiar with our model and our community. With a fully built out GALS middle and high schools spanning 6th -12th and a growing BOYS School, we are seeking team members who can flexibly cover our instructional staff for absences. This would mean several days per month, but could be as regular as 2-4 days per week. This is a great opportunity to ease back into full time, gain experience as you are working on a degree, or fulfilling a desire to genuinely connect with students in a joyful and positive environment. This position pays a daily rate for each day worked. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Boys School of Denver – Available Positions for 2018-19
- After-school Program Assistant (Part-time)
- Long-term Substitute Teacher (Start date: Mid-October)
How to apply for a Boys School Position
If you are interested in applying for any of the listed Boys School positions, please send your Resume and Cover Letter to Head of School Dorian Bennett at email@example.com.
The Cover Letter should include why you are interested in joining The Boys School as well as why you believe you would be a good fit at our school.
Please title your Resume and Cover Letter as follows: FirstnameLastname_Resume (ex: NickJackson_Resume) and FirstnameLastname_CoverLetter (ex: NickJackson_CoverLetter).
Thank you! We’re excited you are interested in “Joining the Movement!”
GALS Denver – Available Positions for 2018-19
How to Apply for a GALS Position
If you are interested in applying for any of the listed GALS Middle School positions send your resume and cover letter to MS Head of School, Sara Shapiro, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the School Counselor Position, please send resume and cover letter to Dolores Schaack, at email@example.com.
All Cover Letters should include why you are interested in joining GALS Denver, as well as why you believe you would be a good fit at our schools.
Please title your Resume and Cover Letter as follows: FirstnameLastname_Resume (ex: JessicaSchwarz_Resume) and FirstnameLastname_CoverLetter (ex: CarrieDonovan_CoverLetter).
Thank you for your interest in GALS Denver!